Friday 15 June 2012

Day 46 & 47 - Chapter 1 & 2


Apostle Paul urgently addressed the Galatians about emerging spurious doctrines. Churches have been planted in Galatia and were being led away by false teachers hence he wrote a letter to jar their memory and be reminded that they died to the law when Jesus Christ died on the cross.  

He gave an account of his coversion once again; how he persecuted the churches, how the Lord convicted him and how he was called to apostleship. 
Paul on the road to Damascus

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

This is a commitment not only made between Paul and God, but also between us and the Almighty One. Therefore, if we promise to adhere to our calling, we are clothed with righteousness and no longer love the things of this world. We shun evil. We do good works. We remain faithful and increase in faith each passing day. We make sure we know his words through the bible, obey His commands and stick to them so that when people come to pervert the gospel of Christ (verse 7) we are all ready to defend it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment