Sunday 17 June 2012

Day 49 - Chapter 4


Galatians 4 is very timely as today we are celebrating Father's Day.
No longer a slave but a son
Blessed Father's Day to all the awesome dads out there!                                                     

Galatians 4:6-7 says,

And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!”  Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. 

I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Saviour when I was 12, so that makes me a 14-year-old Christian. Every day is a battle for me because I know that I have weaknesses to conquer and often times I also know that I disappoint my Father because I lack the trust. Trust that will help me stand my ground and tell my struggles in life that my God is so much bigger than them and He can scale down the wall that separates me from Him. 

Thank You God for Your Son Jesus Christ because through Him I was transformed from a slave to an heir. I became Your daughter, one whom You love despite my insecurities and shortcomings. 

Can you see how privileged we are? The Most Powerful One, looked down on us and called us His children, His own because of His great love and mercy.

Abba Father, I love You so much and I am willing to spend my entire life showing you how much I really do mean to love You and thank You. I love You Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment